Is Buying ‘New’ For You?
Perhaps you’re the type to get your hands dirty to build your dream from the rubble of a remodel, but if easy, breezy and ‘turn-key’ has a better ring to it – new is for you!
• No PTT. As of February 2016, the BC Government has declared that new homes under $750,000 will be exempt from Property Transfer Tax – a savings of up to $13,000!
• Warranty –New homes are under warranty which may extend to labor, materials, appliances, and heating/cooling systems.
• You get what you WANT- Many developers will offer customized options, upgrades & color palette selections that allow you to put your personal touch on a new home while avoiding renovation hassles.
he mortgage on a new home is often comparable to that of a resale.
• Not handy around the house? Buying new means that repairs and maintenance are in the distant future while a resale may require work immediately.
• Put away the rubber gloves – a new home is already sparkly clean!
• Building Codes are more sophisticated than ever and hold developers to high standards for safety and construction, an important component that may be sub-standard in an older home.
• Low Stress- No need to haggle with current home owners over the details of purchase & possession.
• Money in the Bank- A new home has greater resale value if you decide to move in the future.
• A new home is a fresh start – no traces of former tenants. It’s a wide open space for you to create unique and special memories that are all your own.
• BONUS! Brand new appliances with warranties that can save you time and money on repairs!